Sunday, July 18, 2010

Vacation #3 - Sea World

Day 2 in San Diego consisted of Sea World for over 12 hours! Sea World is my all time favorite place to go in California (my dream when I was little was to be a dolphin trainer... how in the heck did I end up being an accountant??) so I was probably more excited than Bladen.

Patiently waiting for the girls to get ready so we could leave


My mom should have been born a baseball player... whenever you turn around she has a mouth full of sunflower seeds.

Sea World had the cleanest grounds and it was so pretty with all the flowers everywhere.


I wish my hanging pots looked like this


State flags... it's sad that I wouldn't even know what the Illinois state flag looks like and I've lived here for 5 years

B watching the dolphins being fed before their big show

Sesame Street Bay of Play - this is a new addition to Sea World and it was definatley Bladen's favorite. It was super cute for kids.


Elmo's Flying Fish
Oscar's Salt of the Sea


Abby's Sea Star Spin

Play Area
Brandi and Bladen climbing through the nets

Blue Horizon Show - birds, whales, dolphins and acrobats

Clyde and Seamore Show

Shark Encounter
The one thing I learned at Sea World is that the reason Flamingos are pink is because they eat a lot of Beta Carotene.
Believe - Shamu Show

We were all paying attention to see if the trainers would get in the water with the whales, after the accident in FL, but they did not and didn't really get that close to them either.



Arctic Express

I wondered why it was so cold in this area... the walls were really made of ice.


Pet Show - I had know idea that you could train a cat to be like a dog... let alone a pot belly pig.
Cirque de la mar



Elmo in 4D - it rained, our seats splashed water in our face, wind raced through the theater and our seats vibrated. Bladen kept on reaching for the characters because it was like they were walking right in front of you and then he'd take off his glasses and wonder what was going on.
It started to get chilly after dark so we all went and bough sweat shirts.
The boys and their matching sweat shirts and B's awesome sword Papa bought him during the Rock Out with Shamu Show/Fireworks

The girls and our matching shirts - we all got a little fried from sitting on metal bleachers most of the day.

No comments: