Saturday, July 17, 2010

Vacation #2 - Wild Animal Park

Our 1st major adventure out of Cedar was our family trip to San Diego. We hopped in the truck and drove 7 1/2 hours to sunny Cali-forn-I-A. Bladen did AWESOME and didn't make a peep the whole way.
B started off watching "Dora"...

and before we knew it he was out like a light haha!

Getting to our room!

We stayed at the Bahia on Mission Bay. B and Papa coming in from collecting sea shells on the bay.

Day 1: San Diego's Wild Animal Park



Bladen LOVES his Nana and Papa. You would think that Bladen gets to see my parents everyday based on his love for them! It's sad he only sees them a couple times a year!




I have no idea what the 2 babies are looking at!


Foot massage anyone?

They had the coolest flowers! Of course, my mom was in love with them and wanted to take them home and plant them in her yard.

He's still my baby... he doesn't measure up, YET!

Ape

Bird Show



The view of the African Safari. I really enjoyed this park much more than the zoo because the animals were free to roam around this big spacious area together. It was pretty neat seeing all the animals in their natural setting.


Train ride through the Safari

Giraffes

Lion

Lion with her tongue out

Bladen loves to get wet. There was this spray area for kids and of course I told him NO because he would be whinning the rest of the time because he would be soaked, but of course Nana and Papa let him go :)

These Kenyan guys were amazing and super flexible

Elephants



2 comments:

Natasha said...

I haven't read your blog (or my own, or anyone else's) in MONTHS! Bladen has grown so much! I didn't know you were moving to San Diego! You look great and it looks like you are having such a fun summer. I'm looking forward to more photo filled posts!

Unknown said...

Great pictures. Glad you enjoyed the Wild Animal Park!

http://www.facebook.com/SanDiegoZoo
http://www.twitter.com/SanDiegoZoo