Friday, September 16, 2011

~San Diego~

On August 4th we started our new life in San Diego.  What more can you ask for with beautiful weather, the beach and a pool! 

We stayed in Fallbrook, CA on our drive to San Diego, at the hotel Bladen got to... 
pick fresh lemons! 
We were happy and relieved to be to our new home! 
I don't know what we would have done without my parents!  They drove all our stuff down to San Diego and then spent 2 days helping us unpack.  We about killed off my poor dad having him carry furniture and everything else up 2 flights of stairs!  Me and my mom were unpacking, cleaning and decorating fools! 
After a full day of work, we went to Joe's Crab Shack on Pacific Beach.  This was Nate's 1st time there and he was in heaven.  It took him 2 hours to eat his pot (no really a freakin POT) of shrimp and crab!  
My itzy, bitzy, teeny, weeny kitchen
Living room
B's favorite thing to do is make a big as splash as he can at our pool - belly flop and all!
 One of my favorite things about SD is all the exotic flowers everywhere!
We bought B new underwear for school and he was showing me how big they were... "I can't wear them because they cover my button!" 

 Our 1st time to the beach.  B was afraid of crabs :)
San Diego Temple 
Prettiest temple inside and out
My beach boy 
All time favorite thing to do in his spare time is go to the beach and jump waves 
He eventually gets soaking wet!  On this particular day I was laying on the beach watching him play when I saw what I thought was a shark fin in the water and was going to go grab him, but then about 3 dolphins started jumping over the waves.  I didn't think dolphins came that close to the beach. 
My baby boy ready for Kindergarten orientation. 
He's been quite the poser lately! 
Most nights after dinner we head over to Torrey Pines State Beach to listen to the waves and watch the sunset.  Having the beach 3 minutes away is heaven! 
Ready for his 1st day of school 
I held in all my tears until I got home... then I spent most of the morning bawling my eyes out.  It feels like yesterday he was just a baby and now he's off to Kindergarten at 4 years old :( 
His teachers - Mrs. Mullins and Mrs. Barton 

Oh and I am the room mom for his room... haha we will see how that goes!


1 comment:

Natasha said...

#1 I don't think I could be more jealous about your beach living. I'll try to be happy for you instead of sad for me.
#2 I'm glad I'm not the only one that bawled my brains out on the first day of school...I'm impressed you held it in until you got home.
#3 Curious...how did you choose a school there??