Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Good-bye Play Date

Bladen had some really good friends in Illinois!  About a week before we were heading out, we had everyone over to our house for a play date. 
Bladen and Kendal were like brother and sister.  They wrestled and pestered each other just like siblings.  K has a special place in my heart as I was the one who almost had to deliver her in the car!  And her mom is one of my best friends ever!  I sure do miss these 2! 
Taylor, Bladen and Lauren walking to the park hand-in-hand.  These 3 were born within 3 months of each other and all of us mom's worked together at M&P when they were born.  They started swim lessons together when Bladen was just 6 months old.  I can't believe they are all going to Kindergarten this year... where did the time go?
Kendal and Gwen - 2 years old 
How many kids on one slide! 
The crew - Gwen, Lauren, Taylor, Kendal and Bladen 
I love how Bladen is acting like the girls have cooties :)

It's been almost 2 months since we left and we sure do miss our friends.  The ONLY reason I was sad to leave Champaign was because of my "family" I came to love.  When you have no family around, you build some of the closest relationships.  I gained some of my best friends over my 6 years in Champaign and truely miss them!

No comments: