Friday, August 7, 2009

Summer Activities

I can't believe it's already August... where did the summer go? It has been the coolest summer on record here in Champaign-Urbana so it hasn't quite felt like summer yet and it's almost over! I need a tan so bad for our Cancun trip next week, I know that's why the sun hasn't been out. Anyways, I thought I'd post some random pics of some fun things we've been up to:

The not so fun thing... we lived out of a cooler for a week and half - had to throw out $150 of groceries we had bought a day before the fridge died and ate out every meal since the only things we could fit in the cooler was water, milk, butter, ketchup and some juice (does appliance stores really not carry any fridges in stock...uugggghhhh annoying!)
We took B bowling for the first time... like our socks hahaha
Jill Jenna Me

We tried having him bowl with all our us but he got too impatient so we let him bowl 2 games on his own lane


Our family

At most points during B's games he had 2 balls stuck on his lane because he couldn't get them going fast enough!

Taylor Lauren Bladen at Lauren's 3rd birthday party


Black frosting all over his face from the LadyBug cake
Jenna and I decided to take the kids to the Carson & Barnes circus since it was only $5! Paid $5 extra to sit on the front row!

Jenna Kendal

Bladen Me

Bladen LOVED the elephants


Last Sunday, we went to Kickapoo State Park with Nate's lab group. We canoed 8 miles in about 4 hours. It was B's first time canoeing and he did pretty good the entire time. The only thing that sucked is we lost his sunglasses in the river!

The little trooper!

All the nerdy chemists! I really don't fit in!

Ready, GO!

I wish the water was actually going fast so I didn't have to paddle my A off for 4 hrs straight!
My mom and sister will be arriving tomorrow and Nate and I will then be leaving for Cancun on Friday so we have a couple of busy, but fun weeks ahead.

2 comments:

Austin, Annie & Camden said...

I just sent your mom and sister on their way to your house!! I'm gonna miss them. I just love Brandi. You guys have fun :)

NEILANDSHALON said...

YOU ARE SO DARLING!!! I LOVE TO READ YOUR BLOG-- I CAN TOTALLY HEAR YOUR VOISCE IN MY HEAD TELLING THE STORY!! I LOVE TO READ ABOUT ALL OF YOUR FUN ADVENTURES!!! =)