Thursday, July 9, 2009

1st 4 Days in Utah

Bladen and I just got home from Utah and we had such a great time! We did so many fun things and were pooped out by the end of the trip!!

July 1 - Bladen and I wake up at 4 am to catch a 6 o'clock flight out of Champaign. Everything is going fine until our couple hour layover in Dallas; however, we got into Vegas just in time to meet my sister flying in from Philly! My parents were there to pick us 3 up and we were off to Cedar City!
Pretty rainbow pulling into Cedar... much better scenery than the cornfields of Illinois

July 2/3 - We head up to Cedar Mountain for a Bulloch BBQ on Thursday and then spent the night. It's been so long since we've gotten all the Bulloch's together so me and my mom decided to send out invitiations for a BBQ for all of those who could come. All but 5 of the family members made it and that includes Nate and Ty who stayed in Champaign/Philly to work. Everyone brought up Hobo Dinners and stuff for S'mores. It was so fun to get all the little cousins together and they all got along pretty good, except for Bladen's tantrum, considering they never really see each other. Bladen's tantrum was over his 4-wheeler... you can DEFINATELY tell the poor kid is an only child! This is the first time he's been able to jump in his wheeler and ride it like a big boy (steer, gas, reverse and pay attention to where he's going all at the same time) and he was pretty proud of himself. So when the cousins got there and Jordan went to get in and have Bladen take her for a ride, B freaked and was being selfish and threw a fit for 40 minutes in front of the whole family! I wanted to kick his butt! After dinner he finally decided his cousins weren't going to steal his wheeler and he took Jordan for a ride and when she got in she said, "Don't cry when I get in; I am your friend" and Bladen's response was "I only love Papa". Let me tell you this was Bladen's favorite phrase of the our trip. He told EVERYONE that he only loved Papa, even both of Nate's parents, which made me so embarassed, but like Nate said, 2 year olds give their opinion whether you want them to or not and you can't change it either.

Auntie and Bladen with our sign on the side of the highway

Nana and Bladen gathering wood to make enough coals for 50 hobo dinners and lots of S'mores

Sitting around the fire waiting for coals to make S'mores (Nick's trailer in the back ground and my parents "bus" below were my home for most of our trip).

Lindsey, Marley, Bladen, Rylee, Zoe and Me getting ready for a 4-wheeler ride!

The 2 babies
Papa and Bladen "relaxing" for about 30 seconds. Bladen has ants in his pants constiently so trying to get him to rest is a chore!


Cedar Mountain

July 4 - We decided to spend the holiday in Cedar so we could take Bladen to the parade, the park and the fireworks and have a Dutch Oven Dinner with my mom's family.

Brandi, Bladen and I at the parade

Bladen has been asking me for weeks to go to Pri's house and ride horses, so Ben, KC and Kapri took B to their farm before the Larsen BBQ to see all the animals. B is a COWBOY!






Notice B's legs wrapped around Ben... he didn't want dirt in his shoes... pretty boy!

Riding Papa's rocking horse from when he was a baby - 52 yrs old!

Me, LeAnne (Nick's girlfriend) and Brandi after Dutch Over dinner. I LOVE LeAnne and was so glad to see her; she is like a sister! Her and Nick just recently moved to Cedar from Vegas so they were able to come with us on all our adventures!
Bladen throwing poppers and playing with Sparklers for the first time!
I will post about our last 4 days tomorrow!

3 comments:

Chelsea said...

So fun! I miss Cedar! Love your blond! :)

NEILANDSHALON said...

LOOKS LIKE A BLAST!!!! I LOVE YOUR FAMILY!!! =)

Natasha said...

Hooray for Utah and family (and mountains and bbq's.) You look great. I'm so glad you got to hang out with your family. Can't wait to see the rest!